Welcome to Broke in Bristol - the blog that helps you save money, make money and live life to the full on a budget. I’m Ms Broke in Bristol and I’ve researched 10 of the best places to shop if you’re looking for a bargain this Black Friday!
For the last couple of years, I’ve been doing most of my Christmas shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and I’ve saved hundreds on the latest must-have items including a Furby, Babyliss Pro Secret Curl, car stereo, home accessories and clothes.
This year, many of the sales have already kicked off and will continue until after Cyber Monday. A couple of tips – don’t assume a product is the cheapest just because it’s in the Black Friday sale, always do a quick online comparison using a site like www.pricerunner.co.uk. Also, don’t be tempted to spend more than you have – make a list and stick to it. And finally, stay sane and shop from your sofa!
10 places to shop this Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016
1. Argos’ Black Friday event has already started and will run over two weeks until Cyber Monday. Thousands of discounts on toys and electronics, check out this Nerf Modulus Recon Battlescout for £34.99 (was £69.99).
2. Game’s Black Friday deals. Games and consoles are expensive so sign up to the company’s newsletter and you can have the latest Black Friday deals sent straight to your inbox. I’ll be keeping an eye on the Wii U as it’s on Little Miss Diva’s shopping list and retailers tend to discount consoles if there’s a new version due out – which there is in March.
3. Black Friday at Very. I’m new to Very, because I used to think it was very expensive. It’s not. All week it will be launching new deals from 8am. Sometimes Argos comes out slightly cheaper though – so use that price comparison tool before you buy.
4. Tesco’s Black Friday event. Last year I picked up a half price Babyliss Pro Secret. The sale started online yesterday and runs until 1 Dec.
5. Marks & Spencer. If, like me, you’re thrifty then there are some shops you only shop at when there’s a sale on. Currently, M&S is offering a beauty calendar worth £250 for just £35 when you spend £35 on clothing, beauty and home. How cool is this Eau de Toilette Festive House, at £15 instead of £45? It comes with 12 10ml bottles of M&S fragrances (not spray) and I’m definitely buying one for Little Miss Diva!
6. John Lewis. Apparently, this one is going to be huge! Check out the official John Lewis Black Friday sale and you could bag yourself a bargain on a designer handbag, gadget or toy. It will kick off around midnight on Thursday 24 November and more offers will be launched over the weekend as it responds to competitor promotions.
7. Curry deals. I’m treating myself to a new laptop this Christmas and last year Curry’s knocked up to £600 off its laptops. This one doesn’t start until 25 Nov, but hopefully it will be worth waiting for!
8. Amazon deals. This sale started on 14 Nov and runs for 12 days, with up to £350 off some TVs. Look out for its lightening deals too.
9. Boots offers. The place to shop for gift sets, beauty and smellies. Save £45 on this SensatioNail Limited Edition Ultimate Gel Starter Kit, was £80, now £35.
10. eBay deals. Worth a look if you need a Dyson vacuum cleaner or a TV. Its sale started on Thursday, November 17 with new deals being added to the site every day until Tuesday, November 29.
That’s it for this week folks, happy shopping! If you come across a great deal, why not share it on the Broke in Bristol Facebook page? Don’t forget to like our Facebook page, so that you can be the first to know about the best local events and deals!