Welcome back to Broke in Bristol the blog that helps you save money, make money and live life to the full on a shoestring. It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday March 26 so here’s how you can treat the most important lady in your life, without breaking the bank.
1. This Saturday and Sunday at Puxton Park, one mum gets in free with every paying child. Not only that, but mum will be treated to a free massage and a glass of Prosecco! Kiddiwinks can make a special card and gift and pick free daffodils from the field. Count me in!
2. Avon Valley is celebrating Mother's Day by slashing admission to £1 for mum and grandma with every full price child. Take a look at the website for more details.
3. Mums can enjoy a free bottle of Prosecco (all to themselves!) with their lunch at Chiquitos this Sunday. There’s a restaurant in Longwell Greeen and you will need to book your table in advance by clicking here.
4. Feeling active? There’s free entry for mums and grans at Eden Project this Mother’s Day a saving of £25 per lady as long as they have one of their kids or grandkids in tow!
5. At Hungry Horse pubs, mums can either eat free from 6pm or enjoy a free glass of Prosecco with their brunch. There are six Hungry Horse pubs in Bristol: the Brunel in Bedminster, Talbot Inn on the Bath Road, the Farmhouse in Yate, The Traveller’s Rest in Yate, the Traveller's Rest in Patchway and the Lodekka in Brislington.
6. As a penny-pinching mum, I always save big days out like Longleat ‘til they have a special offer on. The good news is mums go free to Longleat on either Saturday 25 or Sunday 26 with a full paying adult or child saving you £28.85.
7. Take the family to tuck into a roast at Toby Carvery this Sunday and every mum will be presented with a free glass of wine with their meal. Don’t forget to download the voucher before you go – there’s a carvery in Bradley Stoke and another one in Whitchurch.
8. If you’ve got more than one child, Las Iguanas could work out cheaper as not only are they offering free bubbles for mum, but kids eat free too! What’s more, they’ll donate £1 to Women’s Aid for every mum dining on March 26 just see here more more details.
9. Mums get in free to the Wild Place Project this Mother’s Day with a paying adult or child saving you £7.20.
10. If you can afford it, push the boat out and take mum to the Hilton in Filton. Its Mum’s Dine Free offer will save you £19.95 off the price of your bill.
11. Regular readers will know I’m a big advocator of Poundland (I know it’s tat but at least it’s inexpensive tat!) and I love this mug I saw the other day which is emblazoned with the words Mum Well Done! I’m Awesome. There are other small gifts to choose from too including a teddy, scarf or a photo frame.
12. I'll be happy if Mr Spendthrift cooks a roast, orders me to put my feet up and gives Little Miss Diva a couple of quid to spend on flowers. The best of the bunch (that don't cost the earth) are these £5 flowers from Morrisons. Make a promise to do the washing up and the job's a good un!
That's it for this week folks. If you know of a great Mother's Day deal please share it on our Facebook page. Don't forget to like our Facebook page to never miss an update.