Although the nights are still quite mild, it's time to see if you qualify for the Warm Home Discount Scheme. If you’re on certain benefits or a low income, you may be entitled to a £140 rebate on your energy bill and it only takes 10 minutes to find out. The individual energy companies set their own rules on who qualifies and, although you have until March 31 to claim the discount, these companies have a limit on how many payouts they make in one year, so you have a better chance if you get in early.
I’m always harping on about switching energy suppliers to save cash but before switching please check whether they can offer you this discount. The good news is that most of the big companies do as you can see from the list below. I partner with a company who is offering £100 off your fuel bills to switch this January, so get in touch if you'd like more information.
Click on the links to apply or give them a call today. If you're looking for a better deal on your utilities, email me at email@example.com
Will I qualify?
If you, or a permanent resident in your home, receive one of the benefits in both Section A and Section B below, you should qualify for the discount.
Income based Jobseekers Allowance
Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Household annual income less than £16,190
Pension Credit Guarantee & Savings, or Pension Credit Savings only
Child Tax Credit or Universal Credit equivalent (with or without a disability or severe disability element)
A disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
Disability Living Allowance/Attendance Allowance (for an adult or child within the household)
Long term Incapacity Benefit
A child under five living at the property
A disabled child premium
Personal Independence Payment
Pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
How do I claim?
• Atlantic - 0800 300 111
• Bristol Energy - 0808 281 2222
• British Gas - 0800 072 8625
• Cooperative energy - 0800 954 0693
• Economy Energy - 03331039053
• EDF Energy - 0800 015 0960
• E.ON - 0800 051 1480
• Extra Energy - 0800 953 4774
• First Utility - 01926 320700
• Flow Energy - 0800 0920202
• GB Energy - see Co-operative energy
• M and S Energy - 0800 9 802 473
• Npower - 0800 172 6999
• Our Power - 0808 168 4534
• OVO - 01179 303 100
• Sainsbury Energy - 0800 107 1879
• Scottish Power - 0800 027 0072
• Southern Electric - 0345 071 3953
• Scottish Hydro - 0800 300 111
• Southern Electric - 0800 300 111
• Spark Energy - 0345 034 7474
• SSE - 0800 300 111
• Swalec - 0800 300 111
• Utilita - 03303 337 442
• Utility Warehouse - 0800 781 7777
If you found this post useful please share it with your friends and don’t forget to like Broke in Bristol on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to never miss an update.