10 holiday hacks to save money, time & the environment
Welcome back to Broke in Bristol the blog that helps you save money, make money and live life to the full on a shoestring. With many of us packing for our summer holidays, I’ve asked Norwex Independent Sales Consultant Jenny Ogg to share her top 10 tips on packing light to save time, money and the environment.
1. Check what size cabin luggage your airline accepts. If you can squeeze everything into your hand luggage, you could save a fortune on excess baggage costs. Not to mention the time you’ll save not having to wait for it to be loaded onto the carousel.
2. Try to find multi purpose items to save money and space. I swear by my Norwex microfibre hair turban and towel because it allows me to dry myself quickly and as it’s extremely lightweight it doesn’t take up too much space in my case.
3. Roll clothes don't fold. It’s amazing how much space you can save by doing this. Mix and match items of clothing to make more outfit choices.
4. I could not travel without my Norwex Rescue Gel – a multi purpose organic botanical gel. You can dab on pulse points to calm and relax nervous flyers, use it to reduce headaches, or to help stop insect bites from itching.
5. Wear your heaviest shoes to the airport and pack your flip-flops in your case. Don’t wear flip-flops and pack bulky trainers. Also tie any jackets around your waist or carry them on with your hand luggage.
6. Remember that liquids or gels must be under 100ml. Norwex body cloths can be used to remove all traces of make up with just water, eliminating the need for cleanser and shower gel.
7. Limit just in case items. For instance ditch the just in case umbrella for a compact brightly coloured pack a mac as this can be used if a bit chilly on a evening or if there is a spot of rain.
8. Remember you can always hand wash any clothing items take a small amount of clothes and wash it all once then wear again. You don’t need a new unseen outfit everyday. It’s a holiday not a celeb photo shoot.
9. Take a pack of cards, notepad and a small pack of pencils to keep kids entertained on the journey. I spy, uno, noughts and crosses. Your smart phone can be used for music – try Spotify for a free 30 day trail. Or if you prefer books check out Audible or Amazon and start your free trial just before you jet off.
10. Enjoy yourself. Relax and remember holidays don't always have to mean lugging a suitcase bigger than you are! If you’d like to find out more about my Norwex products check out Jenny’s Healthy Haven on Facebook or www.jennyogg.norwex.co.uk. All Norwex cloths and towels contain Microsilver BacLock technology which self cleanse within 24 hours to drastically reduce mould, fungi and bacterial odour. So your Norwex cloths and towels stay cleaner and fresher for longer – and take up a lot less room in your case!