Stuck for something to do with the kids that is free and affordable now summer is over? Don't despair, I've found five events going on this weekend in Bristol that won't batter your bank balance...
1. I'm hoping to get to the M Shed for its Animating Early Man exhibition with Little Miss Diva at some point – under 16s are free and it's just £5 for adults, £4 concessions. Developed with Aardman, this exhibition takes you behind the scenes to show you how the movie was made and runs until November 6.
2. Free fun can be had at the RWA tomorrow Oct 5, where you can take little ones to a free Scribble & Sketch workshop. Drop in between 10:30 and 12:30, no booking required but children must be supervised and these sessions are designed for both adults and children to take part. These workshops will also be taking place later on in the year at the Easton Community Centre and Redcliffe Children's Centre, see the RWA website for details.
3. This Sunday (Oct 6) there's an Autism Friendly Early Opening at We The Curious – a chance to explore the exhibits at your own pace and tickets are priced at £4.95 for adults and children. Planetarium tickets are an extra £2.50 per person and it's advisable that you book these in advance.
4. The Windmill Hill and Victoria Park Arts Trail takes place this weekend Oct 5 & 6 and showcases art and creations by local and Bristol artists spanning across 40 venues. The trail runs from 11am 'til 5pm and hosts a variety of activities from free workshops to live music and art exhibitions.
5. Why not get into the spirit of Halloween this weekend and pop along to Avon Valley Adventure park to pick your own pumpkin – there will be over 15,000 pumpkins to choose from. Your £2 entry fee will be deducted off the cost of your pumpkin and prices range from £2 to £12. Entry to the park is not included in the pumpkin patch entry fee and vice versa.
Have I missed anything? Feel free to share it on the Broke in Bristol Facebook page and don't forget to like Broke in Bristol on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to be the first in the know when it comes to local deals, discounts and free and affordable days out.
Also don't forget to check out 10 of the best autumn walks in & around Bristol. Have a great weekend everyone!